For Sale - '68 MGCGT & '70MGB - Portland, Or

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: For Sale - '68 MGCGT & '70MGB - Portland, Or
From: Lane Rollins <laner@teleport.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 13:18:15 -0800
No I'm not getting out of MGs or British Cars all together, when these are
gone I'll still have a '58 MGA & '64 MGB.  I'm more then willing to listen
to offers on the cars, so don't be shy! The wife really would like to see
the '70 B go away.

'68 MGC GT - $3200 - Currently my everyday driver.

The Good -
   Rebuilt brake master cylinder - done by White Post
   New brake boosters - Units are from PBR of Australia
   New wiring harness
   Dash recovered
      Had it out for the wiring harness, I didn't want have to pull
     it again so I recoverd it while it was out.
   New tires
   Good oil pressure for a C (50 lbs road, 30 hot idle)
   Doesn't overheat
   Desmogged
   After market air filters.

The Strange
   MGB rear axle
      depending on your point of view this could be good
      or bad. It's actually kind of good for auto crossing.
   MGB Rostyle wheels
      same as above.

The Bad
   A couple of minor dings, one up front and one in back
   Needs paint

'70 MGB - $2250 -
   This was my summer driver, need to sell it to make room
   for the '64B. It's kind of scruffy but it's reliable.

The Good
  New brake and clutch master cylinders
  Rebuilt engine out of '65 B (GB series motor)
     The engine came from the '64, the one that was in the '70
     had problems that needed to be taken care of.
  New springs on all 4 corners.
     The rear one were broken when I got the car.
  Has early chrome grill

The Strange
  Somebody had REAL bad taste and painted it a gross
  metalic purple color at one point. It's now in a GM
  metalic burgundy. The purple is still visable in places.

The Bad
  Rusty floor boards, the sills seem okay
  Generally tired looking but it's all there