MG NE

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MG NE
From: "Ben Carufel" <bphotoman@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 11:32:31 PST
Yesterday at the Chrysler Classic Speed Festival on Coronado Island here
in san diego I saw some kick butt cars. A few T series came in 1, 2, 3,
and the NE came in 4. It is a 1934 MG NE. Great car!! Beautiful!!
Generated 105 HP on I cant remember how many cylinders. A friends dad
owns a company called JBA, which makes headers and speed equipment (N02)
and stuff like that. They had nitrous on a GMC Yukon!! They took my
dad's 1980 BMW 528i, which he doesnt use much anymore (he got a '90 735
il) and lowered it 4 inches. If youve ever seen the exhaust on a 528,
its really low!!!!!! They also put on huge headers and a roll bar. All
in 2 hours!! so we went out on the runway (it is a Naval Air Station)
after the races and tried it. It was doin, by the radar gun, 108 mph!!
the speedo only goes up to 85, too. So had a great day, saw bunch of
porches, ferrarris (sp?), alfas, bmws, etc. GREAT!! will post more on my
website soon!!

Ben Carufel