Back in the saddle again

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Back in the saddle again
From: "Dennis Berman" <Dennis.Berman.dberman@nt.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 08:59:54 -0600
Howdy all!

   On Friday, I decided to replace the two wires exiting out of the
   distributor cap (from the ignition pick-up unit). I felt that
   these two wires needed to be replaced because I had crimped them
   some time ago and occasionally my car's tach would fluctuate
   wildly when down shifting.

   So, I was out in the garage with wire cutters and strippers
   in hand. Easy job (so I thought). The first wire went well.
   I replaced it without any trouble at all. Not so for the
   second (and last) wire. I cut her close to the pick-up
   unit, then I went to strip off a little insulation. OUCH!
   The wire came right out of the pick-up unit! Darn!

   I am not a serious Motor Head, actually, I'm not even an
   experienced Mechanic. Software Designer by trade and a
   want-to-be MGB Mechanic by force.

   I've done a great deal of work on my little B, but felt that
   since I really didn't have the tools (timing eye), I'd let
   Art Ziesk, Owner of Automotive Specialties in Dallas, tackle
   this problem. As usual, he and his staff did an OUTSTANDING
   job! Had me back on the road in two days.

   Its great to have an MG Expert within only a few miles.
   Its even better to be back in the saddle again.

   Drive fast and drive safely.

--
Regards,

Dennis Berman (Bermy)
dberman@nortel.com

'77 MGB (Little Tuna)
and a few other everyday low character cars.