Re: Back in the saddle again

To: Dennis.Berman.dberman@nt.com
Subject: Re: Back in the saddle again
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 20:27:01 EST
On Wed, 18 Nov 1998 08:59:54 -0600 "Dennis Berman"
<Dennis.Berman.dberman@nt.com> writes:
(snip)

>   I've done a great deal of work on my little B, but felt that
>   since I really didn't have the tools (timing eye), I'd let
>   Art Ziesk, Owner of Automotive Specialties in Dallas, tackle
>   this problem. As usual, he and his staff did an OUTSTANDING
>   job! Had me back on the road in two days.
>
>   Its great to have an MG Expert within only a few miles.
>   Its even better to be back in the saddle again.

Know what you mean Dennis - I mentioned the other day that my 69 was
pumping oil all over the place - since the wifes  jeep was at my friendly
local mechanics for what turned out to be a fuel pump ($268-ouch!) when i
went to pick it up I took the 69 over and left it for a bit of diagnosis
on a lift (as opposed to my crawling around on the floor of my garage
with a flashlight)
Turned out to be the oil pressure guage line connection and as luck would
have it, the spare engine i have in the machanics basement furnished the
part-  my price for the labour, and an oil change was to pick up an oil
seal from a Saab dealer near my office on the way home- $4.60
A round of applause to all who do this for a living and keep us bodgers
on the straight and narrow!

mike robson
69 roadster (back to not leaking but needing a bit of cleaning!)
70 BGT
53 Riley