Re: CGT

To: miker15@juno.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: CGT
From: BONNILA@aol.com
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 14:36:15 EST
Ah, another MGCGT automatic.  I have a '68 (pale primrose). The automatic is a
fairly easy to work on Borg-Warner, so your local repair shop should be able
to work on it if necessary.  There were only about 400 LHD automatics made, (
approximately 100 remain in driveable or restorable condition, so it's a rare
car.

For my money, $2500 is a steal. The car should be worth $10,000-$15,000 after
an excellent restoration. The MGC, which was panned by the press because of
its nose-heavy understeer, was always admired for its straight ahead comfort
and engine durability.  Therefore, anyone looking for an "everyday driver",
which I see often on this website, should be looking for a CGT. The automatic
makes it driveable by the wife and kids (if you'll let them!), more of a
driveable "luxury" grand tourer, and of course very unique.

I'd like to hear more from C owners.

Steve Yaffe
1968 MGCGT automatic