Rack + period suitcase held on by ???

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Rack + period suitcase held on by ???
From: Eric Stephen <bk996@freenet.carleton.ca>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 19:38:59 -0500
Hello all:  Just completed the mounting of my Moss "sale" luggage rack
(not a feat for the faint of heart ... six holes to be drilled in the
boot lid).  In a previous post I mentioned that I had picked up a period
lather suitcase (complete with Irish linen lining).  I have been looking
far and wide for some pictures or text that would indicate how the
suitcase was held on in the period.  Can anyone point me to such a
picture?  I have been thinking of talking to a leather smith to see if a
pair of belts could be made (or modified with the addition of a felt
backing) to attach the case to the rack.  Attachment/removal would be
effected using a pair of screw-type rivets from one of my son's old
hockey helmets that would hold the belts to the rack, saving me from
having to tap the metal in the rack.  Any and all help will be
appreciated.
*****************
Regards, Eric Stephen
NAMGAR# 574
Home Page:  http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/downs/7189
Ottawa MG Club:  http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/downs/7189/omgc.html

Great is the truth and mighty above all things;
It endureth and is always strong;
It liveth and conquereth for ever more;
The more thou searchest, the more thou shalt marvel.
- The Apocryphal Books of Esdras