Re: Roller rockers...worth the $$$?

To: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>, mgs <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Roller rockers...worth the $$$?
From: Andy Ramm <aramm@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 08:39:21 -0800
There are a couple of other things to consider about roller rockers.
The bigger benefit beyond performance is that they impart much less
stress to the valvetrain overall, making your head and valve guides last
longer.  They are also stiffer, resulting in less deflection when a
valve is opened and follow the pushrods better, resulting in smoother
running.

Are they a miracle power source?  No.  Are they a way to protect a big
investment in a new head?  Yes.

I strongly recdommend you go to Doug Jackson's website and look at his
methodical and scientific tests on roller rockers before making a
decision.  The address is:

http://www.mgbmga.com/tech/mgb16.htm

He also sells roller rockers and they're a lot cheaper than the Moss
variety.  I'd bet they're higher quality too, knowing Doug.  You may
also want to get Doug on the phone regarding your aluminum head.  He did
a number of flow analyses and lots of testing on these.  I don't think
he liked them very much.

YMMV

Andy