Update-late OD in '67 B

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Update-late OD in '67 B
From: xyzabcde@earthlink.net
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 17:08:13 +0000
Hello again,

Well, I've weighed all of the options for starter/oil filter combinations and
for now I'm going with the '68 B starter and upside-down canister filter.
Mainly because I've already got the starter and Peter at British Sports Cars
gave me the filter
adapter.  Thanks Peter!  Now I'm wondering if the filter will hit the generator
and I'll have to use an alternator.  It's beginning to look like a modernization
domino effect. :-|

The ultimate solution would be the shorter replacement starter from Moss Motors
and the original hanging canister filter (or hanging spin-on filter) but RB at
Moss told me that they're having problems with those starters and will no longer
be selling them.  I wonder if I can get a reject cheap...  When they've got that
straightened out, I'll probably get the new starter and go back to the hanging
canister.

Behind the scenes, Kelvin Dodd of the list has been helping me with advice and
offers of parts.  Thanks Kelvin!

I'll be sure to ask more silly questions as I discover new problems that I
haven't anticipated.

Denise Thorpe