Re: Missing @ 3500RPM

To: "Chris Attias" <cattias@cats.ucsc.edu>,
Subject: Re: Missing @ 3500RPM
From: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@iname.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 11:55:17 -0700
I had the same problem with my '70 B.  Turned out to be a partially
blocked fuel line going into the float chamber of one of my carbs.  (Old
gasket was scrunched over blocking the flow.)

Found it by wrapping the engine up to where it would go no more
(3000-3500) using the throttle cable by hand and then spraying a bit of
ether into the front carb.  It had no effect.  Then I did it on the back
cab (just a little spray mind you.) and the engine roared on up past 3500.
 I then tore the back carb apart and found the problem.  Took 2 or 3
months to find; and an hour or so to fix.  (The car is not a daily
driver...)

Also check for a lack of air.

--
Andrew Lundgren