Re: Supercharging an MGB

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Supercharging an MGB
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 00:36:50 +0000
Rick Morrison wrote:

> Eric writes:
> >
> >Meanwhile, can anyone tell me what I would need to strengthen if I
> >was to supercharge a 30 year old engine/vehicle?
>
> Every thing from the head studs/nuts to the sump bolts and from the
> flywheel to the harmonic damper.

<snip>

> Remember, "Speed cost money.  How fast do you want to go?"

Hmmmm, maybe a nice new paintjob, carpet, seats, etc. are in order for
the moment, and a leisurely drive into the hills!  At least on my
favourite "racing fuel" I can SMELL like they do :-)

OK, so one can dream and I guess I may have been suffering a
testosterone rush watching/hearing/smelling the *real* prepared cars go
through their paces.

Thanks for the info and food for thought, Rick.  I think I will file it
away for those "Stirling Moss" dreams... but then again, you never know!

Eric
'68 MGB MkII