Re: I'm back, oh the stories!

To: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>,
Subject: Re: I'm back, oh the stories!
From: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@iname.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 16:48:03 -0700 (MST)
An SUV in the city is as close as you can get to a tank for your loved
ones to ride it.  I learned to drive in Denver in a Suburban that my
older brother and sister had already, how shall I say, "broken in."  By
the time I was old enough to drive people stayed out of the way for
fear of being killed.  :)  (My sister bashed in the passenger side
front door.  My brother got the passenger side back door and back
quarter panel (separate wreaks; one on icy roads).  And I got the
drivers side back door a month after I got my license in an unscheduled
appointment on icy roads with a lady who thought she could corner fast
than she could.)

My wife no longer feels safe if she is not in an SUV...  She drives the
truck now and I drive one of the cars to work.  (MG in nice weather,
toyota when I might have another unscheduled appointment.)

On Fri, 27 Nov 1998 18:16:07 -0600, Dan Ray wrote:

>Congratulations on your license - this ritual is for many young male
>Americans a true "coming of age".
>Lucky you...my first driving test was in my parents' '79 Chevy Impala...try
>parallel parking in one of THOSE and come talk to me! ;)
>This past summer I drove my '96 2 door Tahoe to my sister's house in
>Germantown, Philadelphia...and had to parallel park it in the city...ugh. I
>obviously wasn't worried about the truck, but it could wreak havoc on the
>little cars in incompetent hands. I can't believe there are cityfolk that
>actually drive monster SUVs like mine in the city on a daily basis. I'd have
>to sell the truck and rely on my B, but I don't intend on living in any
>urban area EVER. Cities are for short visits only, in my book.
>Dan
>73 B

Andrew Lundgren
Lundgren@iname.com