Re: NAMGBR Insult

To: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Subject: Re: NAMGBR Insult
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 1998 19:50:22 -0600 (CST)
Hi Ho Bud,
I just love the freedom of press that is allowed in the USA. I'm
certainly sorry to hear that you, based on one very opinionated
article, will not continue your membership after this year. Ian has a
certain way of twisting things round a bit but instead of you dropping
out of an organization which caters to MG enthusiasts, why not, write
your own views down and send it over to Kim Tonry (e-mail on inside
cover). I have always enjoyed reading your views on this list but must
say that if I had to choose between gagging people like Ian or loosing
you as a member of NAMGBR.....sorry to see you go.

Safety Fast,
David Deutsch
Membership Coordinator NAMGBR

You wrote:

>Received my November/December copy of NAMGBR's MG Driver today.  It
really irks
>me that the editors would allow such TD-bashing as Ian Pender's
article 'The
>Full Monty'.  Granted, I'm not happy to hear about another TD that's
been
>bastardized, but that's not the point. A lot of us TD-owners work on
and drive
>our cars because we enjoy the real MG spirit that one finds in MG's
without
>windup windows, etc.  Those owners who enjoy 'going British' with
their picnic
>baskets seem to identify with something from the other side of the
pond. I think
>that they are a small minority compared with those of us who see our
TD's as