Re: 69 - gutted........

To: JustBrits@aol.com
Subject: Re: 69 - gutted........
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 1998 20:55:21 EST
On Thu, 3 Dec 1998 10:33:10 EST JustBrits@aol.com writes:
>In a message dated 12/2/98 7:14:48 PM Central Standard Time,
>miker15@juno.com
>writes:
>
>Mike:
>
><< head is cracked >>
>
>That can prob'ly be fixed.
>
><<and managed to share said
> cracking down into the block....  >>
>
>In the 40 some years I've been doing this kind of
>work, I have *never* heard of this.  Have you had the
>BARE block MagnaFluxed??
>
>        Ed

Have to confess Ed - the diagnosis is not mine but that of the local "MG
specializten" who i took it to when i couldnt work it out myself - Im
going over to see him on saturday to ge tthe full story but what he siad
he'd found was that the gasket had blown at a point adjacent to number 2
cyl where there is very little cooling, the "spot" had heated and cracked
the head and slightly into the block at the same location.
Neither the head nor the block have been magnafluxed
The head gasket was renewed earlier this year and there were/are no
external signs of weeping
Should i be getting a second opinion?

mike robson
69 roadster