Re: Red Rubber Grease

To: "Barnhart, Christopher" <BarnhartC@ioc.army.mil>
Subject: Re: Red Rubber Grease
From: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.bc.ca>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 18:11:28 -0800
Word on the street is that Barnhart, Christopher said:
> I'm getting set to rebuild the brakes and clutch components.  I understand
> it's recommended to use the red rubber grease to lube everything during
> assembly.  Unfortunately, I neglected to get the grease when ordering the
> rest of the rebuild components.

I asked my local parts supplier what to use when reassembling my front
brake calipers, and they told me plain brake fluid (DOT4) was just fine.

This may be one of those hotly debated topics though.

Skye

--
1966 MGB               GHN3L-70307                __,__\__      Finger for
The MGB Experience     http://www.mgb.bc.ca/     (_o____o_)     PGP key