Re: Where does the oil go?

To: mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu, Mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Where does the oil go?
From: H4aardvrk@aol.com
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 02:24:09 EST
In a message dated 12/2/98 8:44:12 PM Mountain Standard Time,
mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu writes:

<< I've never paid to much attention to anyone else's oil
 consumption postings on the list before (shame on me for two weeks)
 but if someone could ease my fears about rebuilds or catastrophic
 oil loss, it'd be much appreciated! >>
Michael..My 4 MG-B's all use a little oil..It goes into the combustion
chambers by way of the valve stem seals..These MG-B engines have a fair bit of
vacuum and pull oil through seals which are not perfect..None of my cars smoke
at all..the emmisions testers have never seen any visible emmisions..but I
know i must be burning it..
      Yours, H4(Howard)
1974MG-Bgt
1974MG-B roadster