RE: Back up light problem

To: "'Thecarguru@aol.com'" <Thecarguru@aol.com>,
Subject: RE: Back up light problem
From: Tom Emmons <tom@emmons.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 13:47:30 -0600
Your right.  I just need to learn how to read again.  Couple of =
questions since you brought it up.  I never thought about who ever =
rebuilt the engine last may have put the pulley on wrong.  Maybe off by =
a bolt.  Is this possible on MG's?  What is the easiest way to tell?  It =
has been a while since I have been under the hood of a car so forgive me =
for my stupidity.  I noticed that when I rev the engine with the timing =
light on and timing at what I thought to be +10TDC it would go to =
approximately -10 to -20 TDC and on decelerate go to +20TDC before =
settling down to +10TDC.  Yes (-).  Is this normal.  I though it should =
never go off the marks much.  When it was on about +30TDC the rev would =
take it to about TDC and it would settle down nicely.  Any clues or help =
on that.  Maybe I will get this thing on my own.

I think I know what MGB stands for: "Money Guzzling Beast"

Tom Emmons
tom@emmons.com
http://www.tom.emmons.com
1978 MGB