Back up light problem

To: "'MGB'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Back up light problem
From: Tom Emmons <tom@emmons.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 22:54:03 -0600
Finally got the 'Cozy Coupe' ready for inspection so I can start driving =
it.  It didn't pass so now I'm bummed.  I have a HC problem at idle but =
I have notice that the backup lights stop working when she gets hot.  =
They work fine when I start up but after about 15 min of driving they =
stop working.  They come back after about an hour of rest.  Would this =
be the switch in the tranny?  Is this something I can change with out =
pulling the transmission out?  Better yet can I do it my self?  I just =
got the car a month a go and its my first.  Trial by fire I guess.  I =
seen a reference in a thread a few days ago.  You would call me a =
"Bunny".

Tom Emmons
tom@emmons.com
http://www.tom.emmons.com