72 MGB dies after 20-25 minutes

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 72 MGB dies after 20-25 minutes
From: Randy.Fischer@iss.ca
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 07:57:50 -0800
Hi all,

I'm posting this for my girlfriends father who doesn't have net access and
needs a bit of advice on ongoing probs with his 72 B.
Here's the details that he gave me:

It's a 72 MGB with SU twins carbs. He can drive it for about 20 to 25
minutes before it quits. When it does quit he has hopped out and checked
for fuel being supplied, which it is. He has had the carbs rebuilt, has no
cracks in the manifold as far as he can tell and has removed the charcol
filter.(?) Sounds heat related
to me but I don't know english cars. Anyways, it's got his mechanic and a
few other guys stumped so he asked if I could check on the collective
wisdom
of an MG group.

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated!

TIA,

Randy