the best of both worlds...

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: the best of both worlds...
From: HolePuncher <hoops@owt.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 1998 12:04:28 -0800
Just the other day a fellow TR enthusiast and I were lamenting the plight
of MG owners.  You know, we would rather push a TR  than drive an MG, blah,
blah, blah...

Just kidding!  I wanted to see if you were paying attention.

I've been a Triumph owner since my first car, a 1964 TR4, when I was 16.
Funny thing is, I rolled that car following an MGB around a corner.  Now I
drive a 1970 TR6 that corners considerably better.  So, to the point of my
rambling...

I just bought a 1970 MGB GT that appears to be in great shape.  No rust and
no "bondo", with painted wire wheels and a serviceable interior.  I've
never even looked at a workshop manual for an MG so this is going to be a
real learning experience.  The car has been sitting for 4 years so I'm
going to clean and flush everything before putting juice to the starter.
Speaking of juice...   What were they thinking with those dual 6 volt
batteries!  I went looking for a battery under the bonnet and in the boot
and couldn't even find a spot where it might have been.   Later found them
by accident.  Have I been sheltered all my life?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to tapping the collective wisdom of the MG
list.  I'm going to need it if the battery thing is any indication.

Thanks,
Lonn Howard
'70 TR6  -mine
'71 TR6  -it's in my garage, therefore it's mine ( though my dad might take
exception to that assertion)
'70 MGB GT  -mine, mine....all mine...