RE: brief Guiness history lesson(was Beers of the world)...longis

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: brief Guiness history lesson(was Beers of the world)...longis
From: "Nevard, Chris" <Chris.Nevard@BSKYB.COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1998 07:54:00 -0000
I know Guinness is brewed in Ireland!!! - but not for the rest of the
world.................
The St James Gate brewery doesn't pasteurize the stuff for the home market.
Guinness for Northern Ireland is pasteurized for some reason. Guinness in
Britain is brewed at a monster plant in Park Royal, West London, this is
pasteurized.

Guinness have several plants all over the world all brewing to different
specifications. There is even a plant in Nigeria, they brew an 8% version
which supposedly has aphrodisiac qualities - it's tasting characteristics
have more that in common with Vegemite or Marmite!

Guinness Export is brewed in Ireland (St James Gate), brewed strong (7%) to
survive travelling I suppose (just like we did with the IPAs)

Cheers

Chris
The other CAMRA member on the list:-)

From: H4aardvrk@aol.com

In a message dated 12/8/98 1:28:27 AM Mountain Standard Time,