New ZB Magnette for me, parts for you?

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: New ZB Magnette for me, parts for you?
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 17:39:45 -0500
  Well, my second 58 ZB Magnette arrived today. My theory of "all
Magnettes are ugly colours" is failing a little, this
green isn't so bad in person.

  This car is a barn special, been parked since 1968. Seemingly
it was bought new in 58 and driven for 10 years, when it
eventually succumbed to expensive engine trouble
and was barned with the better part of two engines in the
trunk. (try getting two engines in any other MG trunk!)

  Interesting to compare the bodyshells of my two ZBs, since
they rusted so differently.

  The first was an Arizona car, that was probably rust-free
until fairly lately. However, all the rubber seals around the
windshield and rear window deteriorated, the floor and boot
filled with water, and those panels are VERY badly rusted,
they could be removed with bare hands. However, the fenders
and body panels are very good.

  The second was always a Canadian car. It's rusted all
over in the usual places, but the rubber is still fairly
waterproof so the floor and boot floor is flaking apart
but recognizable.(strong enough to hold two engines for
example). A lot better than first car, which i owned
for months before I noticed that the boot floor had
a molded in spare tire well.

  So, all in all, I expect to use this car as parts for
my first one. However, I have a LOT more parts than I need
including a whole bodyshell. If anyone needs Z parts, contact
me. If I don't need it I'll part with them now, or if I
am unsure I'll keep your address for when I know what
I need.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca