RE: Engine Feed Back in Radio

To: "'Dennis Berman'" <Dennis.Berman.dberman@nt.com>
Subject: RE: Engine Feed Back in Radio
From: "Kulka, Matt" <Matt.Kulka@hboc.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 13:49:20 -0500
Hi Dennis.

  I can't speak for car audio as much, but I know that in a 120vac system if
you run your speaker wires too close to a power cord you can end up with
some interesting noises.  Could it be possible you have your rear amp input
wires running near a power wire?  (I'm thinking battery cable or fuel pump
wiring)  Did you run them close to the tachometer input?  That would sure be
a cyclical voltage (or current, I don't recall).

  Does your ignition coil have a choke?  I don't know if those work, but it
sure couldn't hurt.  And like Dan said, you *are* running resistor plugs
aren't you?

  Hope this helps, but if it doesn't, you can always get a luggage rack and
duct-tape a mariachi band to it.

Matt Kulka
'74 B