Re: HIF-4 needles

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: HIF-4 needles
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 19:31:29 -0600
I think the advice is to install the K&Ns and see if they result in a badly
lean mix first. THEN go to the next size needle. That's what I plan to do. I
can't remember If it's Burgess or Twist who said it, but it's basically a
"wait and see" thing after installing the free-flow filters. To paraphrase,
sometimes the next size needle is too much. My carbs run just slightly rich,
but with decent mpg, so I'm going to road test first when I upgrade to the
new cans. (I'm afraid if I fiddle too much with my set carbs I'll mess 'em
up, honestly)

Dan
-