Re: SU conversion for 79 MGB

To: "image" <image77@ibm.net>, "MG List Posts" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: SU conversion for 79 MGB
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 15:21:37 +1000
Jason,

>recommend a good place to have the carbs rebuilt?

If you do go ahead with it I'm sure Lawrie Alexander lawrie@britcars.com
could help you out rebuilding the carbs - or why not try it yourself. It's
fun and really not that hard! <G> Moss sells a SU Carb rebuild video
featuring Lawrie and several Carburettors.  ;)  ooeerr! <G>

Rebuilding carbs is fun - so long as immediately after refitting your newly
rebuilt carbs that you happen to have spent three weeks painstakingly
cleaning, shinin' etc .. you don't blow up a big end bearing. Gee.. do *I*
sound bitter?!?!? <G>

Coding does it to me, I should be under the car with a face full of grease
THEN I'd be happy. :))

Neil.
--
Neil Cotty - Sydney, Australia