Re: Speedo Fun

To: tboicey@brit.ca, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Speedo Fun
From: REwald9535@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 01:21:41 EST
In a message dated 12/14/98 8:58:42 PM Pacific Standard Time, tboicey@brit.ca
writes:

> > I teach automotive electronics to technicians
>  > and I do not recall ever seeing over one-one-hundredth of a volt drop in
> any
>  > wiring harness EXCLUDING connectors, switches, or starter circuit.
>
>    Heheheh spend some time on this list, my friend. ;>
>
>    Well, any MG is wired with a LOT of connectors, especially
>  in that area.
>
>    These are connections that OFTEN develop so much resistance that
>  the device actually ceases to work, although some current still
>  flows.

a voltage drop exceed 1/100 volt in THE HARNESS EXCLUDING CONNECTORS, ETC.
You then proceed to tell me about bad connectors.  I know all about bad
connectors, LUCAS, Bosch and several other flavors.  My point was (and yours
too I think) is that the connectors are generally the source of the problem
NOT the wire in the harness.

Yes, the bulbs in question are 7.2 V and yes an overvoltage will shorten their
life.  However I gotta believe that anybody on this here list has taken such
good care of his/her MG that all the connections are to spec, and the supply
voltage to the bulbs will be way over 7.2 V <VVBG>

It would seem that the perfect solution to this problem would be to find a 12
V bulb that has a higher wattage (candle power if you prefer).  If I get some
time maybe I'll cruise the industry catalogs.
B/R
Rick Ewald
67 B roadster
99 Volvo S 80 T-6