HC vs LC

To: "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: HC vs LC
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 12:41:43 +1000
Hi all,

Just been talking to Rick about this but thought I'd also bounce it off the
list.

Is the only difference between LC and HC motors the size of the Combustion
Chamber volume? Bently says it's between 42.5cc and 43.5cc but doesn't
actually say why - I'm guessing it's HC vs LC.  I guess the head itself
would be the same dimensions because if it was skimmed surely the pushrods
would be different between a HC and LC motor, throwing the valve geometry
off - maybe not I don't know - perhaps I've been reading too many
blueprinting books. <G>

Was there a difference in the pistons used? Was there a bigger dish on the
LC motors? Rick quotes the LC motors as having a 12.8cc piston dish but he
doesn't have the figures on the HC engine.. I'm just guessing it's purely
the Combustion chamber size..

Inform me! <G> Enquiring minds want to know. <VBG>

Cheers,
Neil.
--
Neil Cotty - Sydney, Australia