Petronix installation and a problem

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Petronix installation and a problem
From: BDurgin1@aol.com
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 12:34:32 EST
Hi all,

Just installed one of the new Positive Ground petronix units in my car and
made the following observations:

1. Another one of those "15 minute" jobs didn't turn out that way.  Apparently
they made a generic seal for the dist. caps on all the positive ground cars
(mine's at 25D)  and I couldn't get the rubber one supplied to fit after
screwing around for 45 mins...finally gave up and am looking for suggestions
on how to seal up the slot in the dist.cap where the wires exit...needs to be
something that will tolerate heat.  Any suggestions?  Think silicone might
work or would it melt???  I know I'll have to break it to get into the dist.
cap but I think it needs to be sealed...However, maybe someone can enlighten
me on these...they are supposed to be impervious???

2. Had a heck of a time starting the car... the timing was off about 30
degrees!

3.  Once I got the timing down it started and ran very nicely!!!!

Also, they give you enough wire with this unit to connect to the car beside
you...I must have trimmed a foot or more off the leads.

One note, be careful of the instructions.  Make sure you check the wiring
diagram for your car.  I think the instructions are wrong that are provided.

Bruce Durgin
64 B