Re: Prices for motor

To: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>, "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Prices for motor
From: Jim Sharp <jimsharp@ipa.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 98 11:34:27 -0600
>I was just wondering if anyone out there would comment on what price -
>ballpark - I should be looking at paying for a used short motor. Price
>preferably with and without head.
>
>I got offered one (here in Sydney) for $300 USD - 18V no head. Does anyone
>on the list in Australia have an idea what a good price is? I'm thinking of
>rebuilding my motor to std and fixing another one up for racing.
>
>Cheers,
>Neil.
>--
>Neil Cotty - Sydney, Australia
>1970 MG B GT / 1959 MG A 1600 Mk1

Neil,

I am in Fort Smith, Arkansas, so I can't help with the parts,  but I have
an engine out of a 74 B complete with head that I would sell for $275
USD. So I think that 300 would not be bad. I also have an engine out of a
72 B that has a bad head that I would take 50 USD for. Hope this helps.

Jim Sharp
74 BGT