OT: Formula 1

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: OT: Formula 1
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 1998 23:49:24 +0000
Neil Cotty wrote:

> >> Does the name "Repco-Brabham" strike a cord with any F1 fans?
>
> Of course <G> Sir Jack Brabham and his many world championships -
> there's an excellent Website you may want to take a look at:
> http://www.ddavid.com/formula1/brab.htm

A bit of news for those F1 rev heads out there.  A good, comprehensive
F1 website.

My position with a local ISP gives me pretty wide lattitude to support
worthy causes (and other things that might draw in a few extra customers
he business).  We sponsor a lot of local arts/community causes and
events in the me of being a good corporate citizen.

Not necessarily a "good cause" as such, but certainly entertaining, is a
site that is just starting tocome together on our servers.

Check out http://www.f1.on.net - this site is maintained by a couple of
young guys (14/15 year olds) in England.  It is a very thorough, current
and complete F1 information and news resource.  t used to be hostedon
one of those FREE WEBSITE places but was constantly unreachable - a pain
during the season.

We don't charge them a cent for the space but consider it nice to
support some young enthusiasts who seem pretty dedicated.  Of course it
doesn't hurt that two of our staff have MGs (67 & 68 'B) and the boss
has just bought himself a Ferrari (308)... which means I also get time
off to "rally" - as long as the boss can come too!

Eric
'68 MGB MKII

PS So how many on this list are getting sunburn cream for Xmas?  I have
promised my little car a long, topless drive down the coast on the day!
Christmas here in Australia is usually beach weather!