Dolling up Primrose

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Dolling up Primrose
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 02:16:05 +0000
Sheesh... has anyone actually mentioned how fantastic a list like this
is?  Thanks guys for the mileage (kilometreage.. eeek) thoughts and for
the steering wheel comments.  I might drop the list a line when I do my
final calculations on the fuel consumption - which on my rough
calculations I believe to be about 22-25mpg (stock SU's).

By the way, this continuing line of questions comes as a result of me
deciding to spend some of my savings (yes, they *were* for a holiday :-)
on getting my LBC into some sort of order for Summer cruising.

As the mechanics are.. well, OK for now, I have decided to refocus for a
moment on the "looks" department to increase my immediate enjoyment in
taking the car out and about.  I don't want to have to cringe at all
when she attracts attention!

My shopping list (Xmas presents for the beast) for primary looks
includes...

1. re-chrome the luggage rack (chrome is pitted/surface rust)
2. new sporty steering wheel (yes, I will keep the original)
3. grill (current one has been, well, "straightened")
4. door trim and re-cover the seats - driver's seat is torn/split
   (floor carpet is good)
5. reposition/replace switches (some non-original) on dash
   (for some reason they appear to be all in different places than
    I have seen on "concours" cars.. why?)

This sounds achievable for Summer!

* New paint... present job is "ordinary" but OK (I'll save up for it)
* Chrome wheels... later.. I'll re-paint my current ones for now.

I'll be firing the questions through, but even *I* think I can handle
the above.  More wallet than skill required for these.  I am not aiming
for concours.. just "pretty"!

Eric
'68 MGB MkII