Re: Squeal, part II

To: jmc987@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: Squeal, part II
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 00:16:20 EST
Joseph,
Two possibilities;
1. A dry or worn pilot shaft bushing.
 Bad news is, replacement first requires engine removal.
 Good news is, you don't have to do it now. It will probably continue
with the squealing, marginally taking longer to quieten down as it
continues to wear.

2. A first motion shaft bearing (input shaft bearing) going south.
 Bad news is, replacement first requires engine removal.
 Good news is, you don't have to do it now. Next week will be ok. It
ain't gonna get any better, and may indeed get worse, fast.

Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget