Re: Squeal, part II

To: "Joseph Cianciotti" <jmc987@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: Squeal, part II
From: "Scott McKorkle" <bmc@aa.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 08:52:02 -0800
Joseph,

I know you said the sound isn't coming from there, but try tightening your
fan belt.  If it is squealing when cold, the sound would be just as you
describe.  Acoustics can be funny things--it may sound like it's coming
from the firewall, but it might really be originating at the front of the
engine bay.  If you've already tested the belt... never mind.

Good luck!
Scott