Concrete Floors

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Concrete Floors
From: richard.arnold@juno.com (Richard D Arnold)
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 06:50:26 -0600
The significant other (in what I have teased her is an effort to get me
to commit matrimony or similar high crimes) has bought a home.  Nice
place, well constructed, good roof, reasonably new fixtures, etc, etc,
yada, yada, yada, and one big honkin' detached garage.

We're talking something like 3.5 cars wide and a couple deep, with a ten
foot ceiling, and about a five year old construction.  Not insulated at
this point, but it's only a matter of time before insulation, heat, and
AC find its way in.  A previous owner (non-DPO at this point) evidently
planned one heckuva work shop:  Outlets are placed at three foot
intervals four foot off the ground all around, wired for 110 and 220 with
separate breaker boxes, overhead storage, alarm system, a fifteen-foot
work bench, a perfect smooth concrete floor..... but my excitement
overwhelms me.

I wanted to ask the list's advice on how to best protect the floor from
stains, etc, and keep it easy to clean.  I was considering sealing the
floor with a commercially available sealant such as Thompson's, or the
like.  Has anyone used anything like this, and what were the results?

To say I am looking forward to having this much room to play in is an
understatement; I am practically salivating.  Even leaving one bay open,
one could fit a bunch of LBC's in there.

Whoever said the way to a guy's heart is through his stomach?

Thanks!

Rich
Council Bluffs, Iowa

'74.5 RB MGB "Miss Maggie"
'78 Chevy Half-Ton "Waltzin' Matilda"  (LBC Support Vehicle)
'79 Midget "Miss Molly"

richard.arnold@juno.com  or  rdarnold@neonramp.com