Misc Holiday ramblings.... (longish)

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Misc Holiday ramblings.... (longish)
From: Ross MacPherson <arm@bc.sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 14:00:50 -0800 (PST)
Greetings all!

There were several threads going here that I thought deserved a response so
I'll tie them all together...

My favourite LBC?  (Someone mentioned a hair shirt), my favourite of all
time, since I was about 7 years old: a TC.  Runners up in no particular
order:  Twinkie, DB4, Lotus Super 7 (a friend of mine has a beauty for sale,
but SWMBO put her foot down on that one), CB BGT, XK 150 DHC, K3 Magnette
and, for the ultimate in testosterone supliments, 1957 XK-SS.

Concrete floor coverings?  In a particular area of the plant in which I earn
my daily bread, the floors have been treated with an epoxy covering which
has, so far, stood up well to 8 years of 360 days-a-year foot and forklift
traffic and seems impervious to all manner of nasty liquids.  I don't know
what brand names are involved but I imagine I could find out.  This stuff
has a custom colour mixed in and is very thick when applied, about the
consistency of sour cream. I don't imagine it's cheap but it IS virtually
bullet proof.

Driving in snow?  Here in Vancouver we don't get too much snow, we've only
had 8 white Christmas's in the past 60 years according to the "Ministry of
Truth" (CBC).  So we're not exactly experts but...  What Trevor said is
true: plan ahead and take your time!  Last night we got about 30cm of the
white stuff and the drive home was...well...entertaining.  I drive an F-150
4x4 in weather like this and I just go slow, steady but slow.  I was amazed
at the number of people who were completely unprepared even though it'd been
forecast for 3 days and at those in 4x4's and SUV's who seem to think that
because they can go faster than anyone else in the snow they can stop faster
as well.  Many of them learned last night that it ain't so; even a Yugo has
brakes on all four wheels.

Lastly, if you've made it this far, bless you for your patience.  May you
and yours enjoy a happy, healthy and loving holiday season, however you
celebrate it.

Ross   MacPherson
TC-3528 , `66 BGT, NEMGT - #11849
Surrey, BC, Canada