Re: My favorite LBC ??????????????

To: <dresden@tiac.net>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: My favorite LBC ??????????????
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 14:06:01 -0800
Nevin.............

Either you have truly boring taste in cars or you mis-remember the Hillman
you saw! (Or else your pre-war refers to a later conflict than the one I
grew up in!)

The only nice-looking Hillman built pre-war was the 1935 Aero Minx. It did
have very swoopy lines and was quite unusual for its day. My father owned a
1932 Hillman Minx in the mid-fifties (the first car I ever actually turned a
wrench on!) and it was typical of all the other pre-war Hillmans except the
Aero Minx - a boring black box on wheels!

Hillman didn't actually use the appellation "Super Minx" until 1961, when
they added some extra chrome to their standard Minx.

So, tell us it was the Aero Minx you fell in love with. That would make a
whole lot more sense!

Happy Holidays,

Lawrie