Stupid people story

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Stupid people story
From: drded@ix.netcom.com
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 1998 09:28:55 -0600 (CST)
Hoping all had or are having a wonderful holiday season. Having celebrated
Chanuka, Romidon,
Christmas and now Kwaanza I'm hoping that I have enough energy to ring in the
New Year with
celebration.

Yesterday was Christmas and I thought I'd share this heart warming experience
with you. I was
out and about in the tow truck responding to calls for tire changes, jump
starts, tows and lock
outs yesterday (hey, somebody got to do this stuff on Christmas). I got a call
around 2 P.M. to
tow a car from a less than desirerable part of Long Island to an even worse
area of NYC. I got
there and found two obviously whacked out individuals, one of which slurred out
that they needed
15 minutes so he could go tell his brother what was happening. I told them I'd
wait but if
another call came in I'd need to come back for them later. I then watched (in
rear view mirrors
as the couple got into the back seat of the disabled Cavalier and proceeded to
inhale what
appeared to be baking ingredients up there nosies followed by some kind of new
European style
cigarettes (I'm guessing that what they were). While this was going on and I
was feeling
increasingly uneasy I radioed my boss and adviced of the going ons. I was told
to tell the
couple that I would only be able to accommodate 1 passenger, in an attempt to
lose the call.
They became very irrate and verbally abusive enough that I was able to justify
leaving. Day's
end came a few hours later and as I was finishing up paper work I heard, my
relieve man,
dispatching the same call to another driver. I got on the radio and adviced
Rick of the eariler
problem and instructed him to only take one passenger on the tow and if for any
reason he felt
uncomfortable he was to leave immediately.

Got home, had dinner with friends and was just getting ready for bed when my
boss called  and
said "Remember those knuckleheads earlier?" well Rick got there and there was
only one person
with the car so he hooked it up and drove the 30 miles and a little over an
hour later, in 20
degree weather. Having unhooked the car and while filling out paper work he was
amazed as the
fellow opened the boot (required british car reference) and helped his
extremely cold girlfriend
out of the compartment. :-0 She told Rick to tell me to go F... myself and let
me know they
"beat my system", I'm just happy she was still alive.

Safety Fast,
David Deutsch

Safety