Re: MOPED

To: Mike Razor <mrazor@kih.net>
Subject: Re: MOPED
From: Bert Palte <vortex@wxs.nl>
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 1998 18:06:57
At 19:50 24-12-98 -0500, you wrote:
>Bought my son a Puch moped for Christmas it was running when I
>hid it in Oct and now it does not want to start, I was hoping
>to have running for him on Xmas morning it looks like the plug
>may be fouled.
>any last minute help.
>THANKLS!
>MIKE R

I've had one as my only means of transportation during the late Sixties.
An educated guess (assuming it is not a new one):
The ignition is most often neglected entirely, as it is, to say the least,
a bit tricky to get at.
You will need (to make) a special puller with external thread (as I did) to
pull the flywheel off the crankshaft. It is likely that the contact breaker
points
are worn.

Good luck

Bert