Stub stacks and K&N Filters

To: "MG list" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Stub stacks and K&N Filters
From: "wizardz" <wizardz@amdyne.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 1998 12:43:39 -0500
here we go again...

Now up to AAA needles with the K&N filters and black/silver plate.
timing tested at various settings (10 BTDC up to 18 BTDC)
vac adv. works fine... comes in at 3 degrees and runs to 13 degrees
for a total vac adv of 10 degrees
Centrifical adv. - using the heavier weights, with one lighter spring
which recurves it to come in at around 900rpm up to 4500 rpm for a full adv
of  19 degrees at the crank. max total ignition adv. is limited to 20
degrees
vac adv is tapped on the back of the rear carb. for 'ported' vac. control

HERE WE GO!
These same problems of STUMBLE/HESITATION AT CRUSING SPEEDS are what I
wrote to this list a month or two ago.

This is now a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT ENGINE ( I swapped YB's and OB's engine
and transmission, YB had O/D that is now in OB), and brand new HS4 AUD405
carburators. tried red and orange springs in the carbs, 30wt. and magic
marvel in the dashpots.   still using the XR700 electronic ignition, I've
also installed a dash mounted vac. gauge so I can track what's going on.

IT STILL STUMBLES/HESITATES AT CRUISING SPEED. I pull out the choke fully
and it smooths right out! WHAT's UP???????????