Re: Definition of a Boat?

To: "Fred Pixley" <fpixley@kingston.net>,
Subject: Re: Definition of a Boat?
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 15:24:56 -0000
"The Mini is the worst.  People will actually point and laugh openly"

Shows how much they know.

It was Mini night on UK Channel 4 last night - the making of The Italian Job
(apparently BMC grudgingly sold them three at trade price, they had to buy
the rest on the open market), a profile of Alec Issigonis, and a third
programme covering famous owners, its good (and bad) points etc.  One clip
from an early PR film showed the floor-mounted push starter.  My first 'car'
was a Mini van and I well remember the great technological leap forward when
I fitted a second-hand ignition switch and solenoid, rendering the
push-switch redundant.  In the best practices of "If you haven't found a use
for something yet you haven't kept it long enough" I still have that
push-switch some 30 years on.  I think it is time I mounted it on a board
and hung it on the wall.

The last programme showed Gordon Murray, designer of the McLaren F1 (both of
them) taking a sledge-hammer to one.  It is now my declared life's ambition
to buy an F1, take a sledge-hammer to it and send Gordon Murray the video.

PaulH.