Antenna Access Panel on MGB

To: MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Antenna Access Panel on MGB
From: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 19:16:09 -0800
Hi folks,

       It's the neophyte again looking for more of your experience.  I finally
found the access panel at the rear of the fender opening.  I was mistaking the
panel screws for fender mounting bolts.  A couple of questions, please.  First,
not even PBBlaster could prevent the lower screw from twisting off.  I'll have
to drill it out and replace it. Can anyone tell me what thread that screw has?
It's a phillips (Posidrive?) head screw.  Knowing the thread size will make it
much easier to drill and retap.  Thanks.

Question #2 ---  refitting the panel.  I was very pleasantly surprised to find
absolutely no sign of rustworm in the cavity. It's perfectly dry and clean as a
whistle.  I'd like to hear your opinions on what I should apply to the seal when
I reinstall it.  Silicone? Rubber cement?  RTV? TIA.

Bud Krueger
52TD
77MGB