MG Buyers Guide

Subject: MG Buyers Guide
From: "Carufel Family" <carufel@funtv.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 17:18:40 -0800
Hello List.

    For christmas santa left me the "Illustrated MG Buyer's Guide" by John
Heilig. It is a very nice book, with some color photographs but mainly B+W.
I have noticed, though, that there are a few discrepancies with what I have
previously believed about MGs: On pp. 80, there is a picture of a recessed
grille MGB, and the caption reads "The original MGB also ababdoned the
vertical chrome slats of the T-series and MGA grilles. Instead, it had a
chrome bezel around a mesh grille." Am I reading this incorrectly or did Mr.
Heilig make a mistake? Also, on pp.100 there are the production specs of the
MGB, and the MGB GT is combined. It says "total production: 115,898." to the
best of my knowledge there were 512,000 and some odd MGBs made. Another
erroroneous statement? What do you think?

Also, if you have started your own company or know much about this, please
email me. I am thinking of starting a Stock Photography company. Thanks in
Advance

Ben Carufel
MGBEN