Re: Overinflated Tires -> Skiddish

To: <REwald9535@aol.com>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Overinflated Tires -> Skiddish
From: "MSLishego" <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 23:50:06 -0500
----------
> BTW in case anyone remembers back when MGB ran in show room stock
(75?)  Car
> and Driver did an article on which of the cars that were eligible
handled the
> best.  They found that the MGB with 36 PSI front and 30 PSI rear had
the best
> handling of the cars tested.
> I of course went out and pumped up the tires on my car and sure
enough the car
> handled better.

At the same time, I found that if your tires are underinflated too
much, you can lose traction.  Try zinging your MGB around a turn with
15 psi in all four and see what happens.

P.S. - The tubes do not leak.  My neighbor at school thought it might
make me drive slower.  It was funny; the first ride with this tire
pressure happened when he bummed a ride to Food Animal...<g>

Mike Lishego
1974 MGB
1986 Plymouth Turismo 2.2
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/3706