Handling

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Handling
From: REwald9535@aol.com
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 13:40:43 EST
I had too much caffeine this AM and deleted the post on the Car and Driver
article before I hit the reply button.  DOH!  Stupid computer!
No, I don't have the article for the following reasons
1.  It was published over 20 years ago.
2.  I have a finite amount of space for my stuff.
It was published the first year that SCCA had showroom stock and they ran as I
recall two classes, 1 for small sedans, and the other for sports cars MGB,
Fiat 124 , etc.  Now that I think about it, it was probably pre 75.  Maybe 74?
They did side by side on track comparisons of the different cars and the B
came out with the best handling!  At the time I was driving my 67 as daily
driver and I can recall clearly gloating over their test results.  I also
remember going out and blowing up my tires to 36F and 30R to test for my self
and yes it did make the transitions crisper.  Does anybody out there have a
collection of old Car and Drivers from the mid 70's?
Rick Ewald
67 MGB