New seats ruin car!

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: New seats ruin car!
From: Steve Phillips <sjp@hpuerca.atl.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 15:53:46 EST
I wonder if anyone else has seen this phenomena. I purchased
new seat covers, foams and webbing a couple of years ago, got the
seat covers from Prestige, leather. My wonderful father-in-law recently
did the work for me (i was babysitting my mother from heart surgery) and
installed the seats in the car. They seem to be about 3 inches higher than
the former seats, putting me in the position of looking over the top  of the
windscreen, not thru it. Now, I'm only 5'9" so feel slightly unfamilar with
this position. My question to the List is, are the remanufactured foams
recently as different from the originals as this? Could my father-in-law
have installed webbing etc in such a fashion as to make this big a difference.
Admittedly these seat covers from Prestige dont appear to have much room
for side bolsters etc so I'm sliding around like a fish. I've heard
Miata seats will fit right in an MGB and maintain the proper height,
has anyone done this and how much were the Miata seats?

--
Stephen Phillips
'73MGB (look for owner hanging onto windshield!)

Woodstock Georgia