gauge removal process

To: MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: gauge removal process
From: Karl Shultz <karl.shultz@ibm.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 21:28:16 +0000
All,

OK.  I realized why I couldn't see the gauges at night.  The lenses were
filthy!  I managed to get the gauges loose enough to get the faces off
and clean them.  Mmm, pretty.  But...

Following a post on this list, I went out and got some chrome colored
spray paint to paint the backside of the gauge body and hopefully make
things brighter at night.  There's trouble though...first, I can't
really get the speedo all the way out without detaching it from all its
cables.  How much of a nightmare is this going to be?

Second, and perhaps most annoying...how does one get the oil press gauge
out?  It's the rectangular gauge ('73 car) and there don't seem to be
any thumbscrews back there.  All I want is to get the glass off so I can
clean the inside of it.  Any advice would rule...

--
Karl R. Shultz   ||   karl.shultz@ibm.net
--Visit the Tarheel Sports Car Club Website!--