RE: Suspension lowering

To: BDurgin1@aol.com
Subject: RE: Suspension lowering
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 13:34:06 -0800
Bruce:

        I may be accused of heresy, but I do not recommend lowering a CB car
when you intend to keep it on the street.  Let's face it the car is never
going to outcorner a Porsche 911 so why lose the ride quality and
drivability.  I have lost way too many exhaust systems to speed bumps to
think that the lower height is a good idea.  A 3/4" front bar helps keep the
sway down, and rear tube shocks tend to locate the rear end better.  A set
of good tires and tighter bushes and the car will handle and drive very
well.  Shortened suspension travel is not the right direction to go for a
street car on pot holed streets.

        Racing is another story.  If the front valence is not touching the
ground on hard braking the car is not low enough.

Kelvin.