Re: Lowering.

To: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Subject: Re: Lowering.
From: xyzabcde@earthlink.net
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 16:42:53 +0000
Kelvin Dodd said:

> The
> rubber bushes now supplied are coming out of the UK, and do not seem to have
> much of a life.  But I also remember them not hanging in very long when they
> were in new MGBs' (I'm a little young for MGAs').

When I worked on these cars when they were still being made, the recommended
replacement interval for the A-arm bushings was one year, but they were shot in
three months.  It was embarassing to have to tell a customer that they needed to
replace parts that were replaced three months before.

> I've been using the black poly bushes for many years and been very
> happy.  My race car too has delrin top and bottom.

I had delrin bushes in my car for years and they gave a little too much road
feel for my taste.  I replaced them with the V8 bushes and they're still going
strong ten+ years later.  YMMV

Denise Thorpe