OT Re: Exchange stuent

To: MG LIST <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: OT Re: Exchange stuent
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Jan 1999 21:55:05 +0000
Graeme Collings wrote:

> Yabbie  is the same as a , what did Jethro call them in the Beverly
> Hillbillies... crawdads.  I think they are fresh water crayfish and
> if he has them as pets I think you have one weird kid on his way to
> you.

> >One other question. The kid wrote that he has a dog, some birds and
> >a bunch of yabbies.  What the hell is a yabbie? (yabby?)

Well, I guess we will keep this on the list a little longer and class it
as educating the masses... any input is welcome, of course.

We used to call yabbies "gilgies" over on the west coast of the
country.  We used to catch them in local freshwater creeks and keep them
as pets... nother weird about that at all!  My brother's in-laws have an
ornamental pool fall of these things in their backyard - they make a
great pet (how many pets are often presented as delicacies in
restaurants?)... they taste great :-)

Here is a URL that might give the kid a buzz.  I guess it could very
well be his old primary school ... or not...

http://www.ozemail.com.au/~d4564pn1

Eric

PS It also shows a bit of a map of where Medowie is, but search the 'Net
and you'll find lots of other references to the place (is there a little
town in the world that *isn't mentioned on the 'Net????!!!).

'68MGB MkII