Re: Again A Stupid Car Parts Supplier Error.

To: PHILIPPE TUSLER <TUSLER@mp050.mv.unisys.com>
Subject: Re: Again A Stupid Car Parts Supplier Error.
From: Bert Palte <vortex@wxs.nl>
Date: Fri, 01 Jan 1999 17:03:13
At 11:51 31-12-98 -0800, you wrote:
>>It would be tempting to recommend to stay as far away as you can from this
> particular car parts store,

<snip>

> Ah, the power of the internet.  Now people all around the world know
>to stay away from these careless people.

FWIW, obviously I have informed _them_ too about my being unhappy about their
service.

I couldn't convince them, though. They still think it is not their fault, but
something _I_ did wrong.

BTW they gave me a FRAM filter in exchange for the defective/not working
the KNECHT one. Haven't fitted/tested this yet.
I contacted the KNECHT importer. They told me that the previously supplied
filter had NOT been the correct/recommended one for this car, but they
could not tell me what i REALLY wanted to know, i.e. whether there is a
non-return valve in there.
Wrote a letter in German language directly to the manufacturer about this
issue, but, obviously, did not get an answer yet.
The FRAM one doesn't have a valve, I checked that.

What irritates me most is that, in these cases, you never hear the slightest
trace of "sorry".

Bert