mirror removal 77B

To: mgs <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: mirror removal 77B
From: "Proudfoot, Andrew" <proudfa@NAVCANADA.CA>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 16:45:00 -0500
Hi listers;
When I was spending the accustomed couple of hours with the 77 the other
night, I decided to remove the mirrors, to clean both them, and
underneath. These are the later door mounted type.
Do the screws that hold on the bracket have a nut on the other side? If
I loosen them shall the nuts fall into the door cavity? Or do they just
unscrew? They may have been stripped as they seemed to turn but not go
anywhere. Or are these screws threaded into the door skin?
I am sure some of you experienced types out there can answer this for
me. My Chilton's or Haynes doesn't cover this area.
When I gather up the parts and money I need for my rocker's/respray, I
hope to already have removed everything from the car at least once, so
that there are no delays. This was also my mentality in removing the
mirrors, then I can handle such delays before the big project starts. Oh
and what about the grill in front of the windscreen? I think it just
pulls off doesn't it? Plastic clips I think?
TIA for all your help, gotta luv da
Best Wishes & Safety Fast
Andy Proudfoot 77B, 67B parts
Gander, Newfoundland